All New Zoom 5352 Wireless Router and Modem
Experience Power and Speed with the new Zoom 5352 Wireless Router and Cable modem. The Zoom DOCSIS 3.0 Cable modem and wireless-N router 5352 is today's state-of-the-art communication device. This versatile wireless and cable modem ensures that you have access to the internet and cable connectivity wherever you are. With the current device specifications of the Zoom 5352 and its synchronization with up to 253 devices, the Zoom 5352 is suitable for both the home and office environments.
Several qualities make the Zoom 5352 stand out from the router crowds.
- The Zoom 5352 is a black box with two adjustable antennas that stick up from the far top end of the device. Its dimensions are 1.6" high by 8" wide by 3.1" deep. It weighs about 16.8 Ounces and the antennas are about 7" high.
- The Zoom 5352 is a one-unit package that is solid and stable on its own. It is a freestanding device which does not require fixing or support props when setting up. With the exception of the two cables, it can serve without the bulkiness of too much cabling.
Built in Multiple Port Ethernet Switch
This cable modem offers connectivity to four devices that are compatible through the wired network through a switch and four ports. While the device can connect to both wired and wireless devices, it offers just four physical or wired connections against over 200 wireless connections. The maximum connections it can handle both physically and virtually is 253 with 249 links reserved for wireless connections.
High -Speed Connectivity Support
The Ethernet switch allows for speeds of between 10 Mbps and 1000Mbps through the automatic technology known as MDI/MDX. This technology allows for a crossover cable connection that attach two similar or different network devices. This integrated switch also allows you to attach devices with the speed compatibility within these limits of 10 to 1000 Mbps.
These speeds allow for digital streaming of programs and video content without the usual "hiccups" encountered with other devices used for connecting to the larger wired or wireless networks. The technology behind the Zoom 5352 is streamlined to enable continuous viewing with little interruption. While the device does not offer the connection internet, it allows for maximized usage of any available internet connection with added efficiency and reliability.
Built in 802.11 b/g/n is a feature in the Zoom 5352 wireless router that enables fast connections with data transfer rates of up to 343Mbps. The dual antennas ensure that the wireless range captured is at its optimum level.
Another aspect in fast connectivity of the Zoom 5352 is the MIMO technology that enables data packets from various sources to be moved simultaneously over multiple channeling systems. So, whatever information you wish to transfer, it will get there in time if all other external factors are kept constant. There will be no mix-up in the transfers.
Data Uploads and Downloads
The Zoom 5352 allows you to upload your data via 4channels. It also supports downloading through a maximum of 8 channels. This ensures speedy and efficient service. The download frequency lies between 88and 1000 MHz, edge to edge points and uploads of between 5 and 42 MHz. The abbreviation MHz represents a unit for measuring frequency in physics. Due to the "routing" nature of the Zoom 5352, internet is powerfully delivered right at your door enabling faster downloads and uploads due to the high internet levels attracted by the device. Digital modulation of 54 or 256 QAM is available for down-streaming while QPSK and 256, 128, 64, 32, 16 and 8 QAM are also available for up-streaming content onto the internet. Modulation in this case refers to variation in carrier signals in order to send information that is required to be transmitted from one point to another. Other complex operating parameters include a downstream level range of -15 to +15 dBmV and an upstream level of between +8 to +58 A-TDMA and S-CDMA modulations. A-TDMA is a kind of a time division multiplexing while S-CDMA is a channel access method or a specification for air interface.
Zoom 5352 uses both IPV4 and IPV6. IPV stands for internet Protocol Version. Current technologies demand the use of IPv6. Originally IPV4 was used. These are simply forms of sending and storing data online with the location and identification of a computer being assigned an address.
The current technology of IPV6 enables a wider platform for listing new computers on the network while IPV4 was limiting the address system. The old data storage method of IPV4 is still in use in as much as the new technology is trying to replace it. Since it is a process that requires time to override the original address system, it will take time. Therefore during this "override" period, a device should be able to provide flexibility to the user so as not to limit him or her in access to services on the internet. Zoom 5352 enables the user to make use of both technologies without posing a disadvantage to the IPV4 user or IPV6 user. The harmonious working of this new modem with the former and current technology makes the device a great blending tool for getting the best of both worlds.
The modem uses an ISM band. ISM band is a reserved radio spectrum portion for the purpose of scientific, medical and industrial use other than communication. Such portions of the spectrum may interfere with normal communication that is why they are set aside for other purposes other than the normal communication. The only communication supported by the ISM is the short range communication like wireless communication. This provides frequency ranges of about 2.4 GHz that is complimented by the wireless system of distribution enabling optimized wireless browsing. Through this frequency, high quality of wireless service is achieved thus enabling you, the user to make use of the best close-range communication means available in telecommunications world.
- Zoom 5352 offers optimized security for data transfers via different channels. Data transcription methods and channels such as VPN or the Virtual Private network have been enabled on the device. Other devices or online stores charge this service. In this case is offered free of charge by the Zoom 5352. A password protected management system ensures the overall safety for streamed services and content. This feature keeps potential hackers and freeloaders at bay and ensures that you have full control of your devices without outside intrusion and neighbors being privy to any data that you want to remain private.
- Other features such as parental control, port filtering, packet filtering, and service denial is also optimized for the Zoom 5352.
- Universal plug and play, cable management and baseline encryption are also part of the security features.
- WI-Fi security and access is protected by a pre-shared key. Authentication is always required in order to make use of the features that come along.
- Since Zoom 5352 uses the versions of 3.0, 2.0 and 1.1 for the cable modem, it cannot support any other versions of cable modems. Please ensure that you check your modem if you use cable in order to avoid incompatibility issues.
- Another requirement for the Zoom 5352 is that all supported devices must have an Ethernet port. This means that computers, adapters and switches must have an Ethernet port in order to link up with the Zoom 5352 physically.
- For the wireless devices, they must be able to link via wireless-B, wireless-G or wireless- N capabilities.
- The Zoom 5352 can only be used and operated optimally at temperatures of between 0 degrees to 50 degrees Celsius otherwise, the device will become faulty.
- The power adapter works with power inputs of 110V/220Amp or VAC 50/60 HZ and outputs of 2V/2Amps.
Benefits of Zoom 5352 Modem Router
- If you live in an area that required the renting of modems to watch your favorite channel, the Zoom 5352 comes as an affordable way out of recurring bills.
- Say goodbye to the rental modems for streaming live television. The Zoom 5352 is the definition of independence. No more annual rates payable to associated rental departments or broadcasters. Acquisition of your own Zoom 5352 means the end of the billing in streaming and therefore more financial savings.
- The little package that the Zoom 5352 comes in saves your space. Space saving is the norm of today's contemporary home setting. Designing your house or living space no longer requires you to set aside enough space for electronic devices such as the Zoom 5352.
- The reduced cabling and expanded wireless connections allow the Zoom 5352 to sit pretty in your lounge or sitting room without the worry of wires strewn all over your organized space. Keep all your devices in place with the Zoom 5352.
- Video conferencing and webinar supported systems work well with the Zoom 5352 because of its high speeds. This provision of high quality channeling provides unrestricted access to current technologies thus improving businesses and increasing work productivity.
- Time saving is an aspect that cannot be ignored. Through quick and timely communication, time is saved for more important tasks in your schedule. No more inconvenience and expenditures are incurred through lost time. The 5352 modem ensures sent data is swift and reaches the recipient on time. Resources are therefore utilized thus leading to achieve targets and better productivity.
- Features of the Zoom 5352 integrated router have WDS that uses repeaters for extending the range of wireless networks. This gives you a wider connection range over any other device in the market.
What is included in a New Package?
The packe includes the Zoom modem itself, two cables, for power and Ethernet (connectivity), and a manual, setup is swift and easy. The power cable provides the necessary energy for running the electronic device. The manual assists the user in understanding how the Zoom 5352 is set up and enabled to function flawlessly.
- The Ethernet cable included in the Zoom 5352 packages enables all manner of devices, ranging from laptops, monitors, televisions, tablets and phones to connect to each other through the wireless router.
- Ethernet is a networking technology that enables physical links and data links to connect and therefore exchange information. Networking can be described as a connection of several computers for purposes of sharing information and resources. Thus, the Ethernet cable enables your wireless router/Cable modem to synchronize with the available or nearby device connections.
- These connections allow for the maximum usage of high-speed internet for surfing and browsing the internet and other internet activities such as downloads and uploads.
New device usually carries a two year warranty from the manufacturer, Zoom. Zoom is a leading company in developing communication products. The device is approved for safety in the U.S, and for FCC and Cables associated with the Zoom 5352.
Consumer Ratings and Reviews
According to online consumer reviews, the Zoom 5352 offers great value for money invested in the product. The product works efficiently and it does not require resetting due to lost signals especially for cable TV. Wireless signals are crystal clear with the use of the Zoom 5352 and majority of online users are all praises for the Zoom 5352 when it comes to clarity. Unfortunately, the firmware cannot be updated freely by the user in some countries. This means that the company that provides certain services in particular countries requires users to get verified for updates. Others claim that the product does not have custom DNS settings. While praise goes to the manufacturer of the amazing device, users blame the service providers for locking the device. Some devices have also been purported to take longer to connect to the Zoom 5352 and per port settings of QoS nature are lacking in the device. This leaves the user with lesser control of the device that cost money to buy in the first place.
In the end, the Zoom 5352 offers value for your money. The user ratings, benefits and qualities of this modem makes it a worthy purchase. Most devices in the market are limiting when it comes to connectivity options, but Zoom 5352 allows your wired and wireless devices to bond seamlessly. Synchronization has never been this easy. In my opinion, its benefits far outweigh the drawbacks.
Buy ZOOM DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem and Wireless-N Router (5352-00-00) today and optimize your viewing, surfing and browsing experience.